Green Tree Servicing LLC Complaint
Be Cautious - Stay away - Mortgage Loan
There is plenty of information there to assist you in your rights. For starters, The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, clause 805 in particular tells the consumer to send a “certified letter” to the company telling them to cease and desist all communications about the debt with the consumer. If they do not comply, you have a legal complaint. Another clause in this Act specifies threats of foreclosure, calling of third parties, additional fees, etc…
Please know your rights, this company treats us like this because they know that no one will actually use the laws that are available to protect from this treatment. I'd like to add that it is very important to keep all documentation from Green Tree, document the time and person in every conversation (you can even record the calls), and be sure to visit as many sites as possible to leave complaints. We, and the government, may not be able to shut them down, but we can and it is our duty to, stop them from receiving any more business outside of what they have. We consumers need to inform other prospective customers of the tribulations that go with this company. This company is a classic "predatory lender" - they chose to lend to "high risk" borrowers just so they can collect more interest.
My story went like this:
I am an employee of the federal government and I make very good money, my mortgage was sold to Green Tree by National City Mortgage. I am not experiencing any hardship, yet they insist on treating me as if I am a habitual offender and a child.
Green Tree Servicing calls repeatedly (at least once a day) concerning my mortgage payment, a debt that is not delinquent. When they call they are very insulting and at times resort to yelling at me and treating me like I have done something wrong. I have a legal mortgage "note" from the original mortgage lender (National City Mortgage) which states that my mortgage is due on the 1st of the month and that I will not be assessed a late fee until the 16th of the month. If this company doesn't have payment on the 1st of the month, they will not stop calling and harassing until it is received. I have explained to them that my payment comes from my bank and that my pay periods do not always fall into the schedule to have it delivered on or before the 1st. I have showed them that I have never been late (after the 16th) and never missed a payment. Instead of leaving it at that, they resort to insults and name calling insisting that I make my payments immediately and start doing it by the 1st if I want them to stop calling. This treatment is becoming very stressful and I have experienced much anxiety over these calls. I've never missed a payment or been late (after the 15th).
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More Green Tree Servicing LLC reviews
- Another Greentree victim speaks here
- Adding false late charges to my bill
- Proof of Homeowner's Insurance Scam
- Green Tree bottom feeder customer service reps
- The worst customer service on the planet
- Dealing with Green Tree's overreaching and draconian practices
- they have no customer service
- First experience with Green Tree Servicing LLC VERY BAD
- Expediting Foreclosure
- Green Tree Servicing Shortsale Process
- The most arrogant customer service team there ever was!!!
- Green Tree Servicing LLC/ 2nd Mortgage
- Harrassing phone calls with hollow threats!
- Bank of America/Green Tree Illefal Conspiracy Suggested
- Green Tree Servicing Mortgage Insurance Scam
- Green Tree Forgets Like an Alzheimer victim...
- NOT HAPPY
- Lack of customer service Terrible service
- Wichita,Ks Petco grooming is horrible!
- Stay clear of Yak
- rip off
- Stay away
- Awesome stay June 8/13
- Horrible, rude company--stay away at all costs
- Sears furnace purchase experience warning
- Fannie Mae - reneged on purchase agreement
- STAY AWAY
- OUR STAY AT CAMELOT BY THE SEA
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you